1. Find new uses for items you already have. Decorating for spring does not have to be expensive. In fact, being creative in the ways you decorate can make it seem like a treasure hunt! Search for what you currently have in the way of spring themed accessories. Look for beautiful vases you have stored away, white linens to use for the table, silk flowers that you’ve packed away.
2. Decorate with flowers. For example, place spring silk flowers or ivy in vases or bowls that you already own. Wind silk ivy leaves along window treatments. Buy small flowering shade plants such as petunias or zinnias and place them on tables inside the house. I’ve found lots of spring silk flowers at the dollar store.
3. Decorate your kitchen table. For table decorating use a spring theme tablecloth and create centerpieces using spring themed silk flowers, or fill vases or bowls with plastic easter eggs.
4. Start a small container garden. Herbs are perfect for growing in small spaces. Save old juice or soda bottles to be used as the containers for your garden. Tie spring colored ribbons or bows around them to decorate.
5. Decorate your front door. Add a spring theme wreath to the front door or place a nice potted plant with a big bow in the front entry way.
6. Hang or display a spring flag. I’ve seen lots of spring designs with flowers and other related motifs.
7. Visit your local dollar store to get inexpensive spring decor items. You will likely find spring seasonal decor including decorating accents such as items for an Easter theme, as well as silk flowers which could be used for a table centerpiece or arrangement.
If you need some creative ideas, check out the home improvement and craft stores in your area for more decorating tips. Many times you can find an idea that you can replicate at home using items you already own. Browse the latest home and garden magazines to find spring decorating ideas. I find wonderful inspiration from other design ideas. Check out your local library for the latest decorating magazines.
all these ideas came from this great blog!