Sunday, November 18, 2012

~yolo~

I thought about many titles for this post, but 
"yolo"
You Only Live Once seemed best fitting.
 Besides, 
I borrowed my daughters t-shirt that says just that on the front! 
{click on pictures to enlarge}
Yes, our neighbors probably are going to check us in somewhere, but hey,
you only live once, right?
We have this giant tree that sits on our property. It's visible from many rooms in our home, and from many houses out here. I thought it would be fun to really do this one up with lights this year.
So yesterday up went 450 feet of white lights! 

 We were able to get up about 50 feet, and now I am hooked, I want to do more! 
I might be making an emergency run to Home Depot this morning to get more lights.
Just in case you wanted to know, we used Martha Stewart Led lights in "warm glow" they don't look led at all, as I am not a huge led fan. They truly look like good old fashioned white lights and they will save on our power bill, as well as last a lot longer hopefully! I highly recommend them!
Happy Sunday!
xoxo

18 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

You are the coolest neighbor ever! Man, I so wish I lived in your neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

Melaine,
I am still waiting to hear from you as to whether or not I am the "anonymous" Carol who won Marian's Inspired You book... Can you please let me know? fingers crossed!
Carol
cham1213 at gmail dot com

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Since we aren't lucky enough to be your neighbour, hopefully you can get a few night time shots of the lights. Beats one of those plastic blow up holiday scenes on the front lawn any day. Plus with the heavy equipment you are certainly making memories for the kids.

SaraG said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the after pics with the lights all lit! I have a huge oak tree in the middle of my back yard that can be seen by many and have always wanted to wrap the trunk so I am very excited to see how yours turns out! I have thought seriously about doing it for the past 2 years and I'm sure I'll get bitten by the Christmas light bug once I see your finished tree! Gene Simmons house was my inspiration, they keep a large tree lit year round.

~ Lisa ~ said...

I love your spirit...always.

~ Lisa ~

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you are killing me!!

That is so awesome, you have to send me a night picture.

Heather

Sue@pineapplehillinteriors said...

Very cool.That's right, you only live once you should make it fun! I can't wait to see it lit...post pictures.

SHERRY HART said...

And you just had that blue crane like thing in your garage?????

Anonymous said...

How funny to see a lift used to put up Christmas lights! I wish my husband had your hubbies enthusiasm! Still trying to get him to fix the outdoor outlet that I blew by putting too much Christmas lights on one year. Maybe next year ill get my Christmas lights back....

Liz

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

Cool! More pics please!!!

Henhurst Interiors said...

Love it - hope we will see a photo of it illuminated!1
All best,
Phyllis

Mary Anne said...

First of all, your property is beautiful and that tree all lit up for all to see is going to make the neighborhood all that more beautiful. How I wish I was your neighbor!!! Besides, there is nothing like the simple beauty of all white lights. Won't you be my neighbor!!! Night pictures for us is a must!!!

Mary Anne ox

Monica Hart said...

You go girl! I love seeing you up there... but hang on,
I'm worried!! I know it will be amazing!
Monica

Anonymous said...

Looking at these pictures makes me SOOOOO jealous of all the tree's and all the GREEN around your house!!! We live in the Texas panhandle, where there are few trees and even less green to enjoy. So beautiful!!!

Kathy said...

Goodness girl be careful up there! Can't wait to see what they look like

Between You and Me said...

you are tiny....look how adorable you are in your jeans and t-shirt!

you know you'll need to show us a picture with the tree all lit up at night, right?

Mindy Whipple said...

Oh I bet it will be beautiful all lit up!

obat bius said...

nice info Obat Bius

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...