Friday, February 8, 2013

~paint colors~

Are you ever browsing Pinterest and come across an image that you think,
 "I wonder what that paint color is?"

Happens to me all the time. 
So here is what I do~I chip it.
Sherwin Williams has a great website called LETS CHIP IT, that allows you to import a photo and they tell you what paint colors in their line are close to the colors in the photo.
It really takes the guesswork out of things.

Here are a few things I have "chipped"








As you can see, you can even "chip" paint swatches.
For example, I believe these paints above are Farrow and Ball. 
If you don't have access to that paint line, but do Sherwin Williams, just chip it.
Ok, now I sound like a commercial, but I really do love this site, and thought I'd share it~again.
xoxo

6 comments:

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Didn't know that! How awesome!! Thanks for sharing, Melanie. I want to start using SW paints....hear great things.
xo
Loi

the designers muse said...

That's awesome!...I had no idea such a thing existed. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

Hi Melanie
Thanks for sharing :)
and do not miss...

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Monica said...

I also never knew this thank you for sharing it. I will be checking it out.

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

This is exactly what I need. I've got to pick out paint for our new house. Wow, fantastic. I've been using their program to try out colors on the house, but now I have another weapon!! Yay!!

T said...

Melaine, I realize this is an old post and you may not get around to answering comments, but here goes. Love the SW chip tip thing. Definitely will make use of it.

QUESTION: The desk/hutch photo, is that a piece that you finished yourself or was it pre-finished? Adore the hue. Can you tell me more about that, describe it, please?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...