Tuesday, March 12, 2013

~beetle wall~

I found this image below on Pinterest.

Let me start off by saying that I am not a big fan of bugs.
 But for some reason I really liked this picture. 
Even though it's black and white, it felt like spring to me.
Maybe that is because it's the time of year the bugs come out of hiding.
Anyway, something about it just caught my eye~call me crazy.

 So I woke up this morning and while the kids were getting ready for school proceeded to draw beetles on my kitchen chalkboard wall. 
What I love about this is that when I'm tired of it, I can just erase it. 
Because you know things don't last long in my house.
I used the same method I did here if you'd like to do something similar.
Hope you are having a great day!
xoxo

15 comments:

Tyesha Turner said...

Wow! You did an amazing job, it looks just like the original.

Amber Koogler said...

Can't help but love this!

Www.dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com

Aby said...

Ok... I'm calling you crazy!!! lol Bugs freak me out!!!

echerepko said...

Just how long did this take! It looks amazing, but I can't even begin to imagine...

Kristin @activewomom.com said...

You did such a great job! Bugs scare me though!!

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

That is really cute Melaine! And I love the chalkboard wall - I like to change things up too.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Omg!!! This is the best project I have seen with chalkboard in all of bogland and pinterest!!! Love love love!

thefinestkind said...

Ok, my boys would LOVE that. Seriously. I'm such a chalkboard nut!!

Sue@pineapplehillinteriors said...

So cute! Love the bugs!

Angela@Quarter Acre Cottage said...

I'm just happy you did beetles and not roaches, the beetles are definitely much cuter! Good job drawing by the way...my beetles would look like they raided the liquor cabinet.

anne said...

You would probably love out beetle drawer pulls! Love the chalkboard wall also.

Donna said...

I love love love this hutch and color! You always find the most amazing things. Was this chalk paint in ivory ang gray that was used? Would you mind telling me what kind of tile this is and colors used? Your blog is wonderful. Thanks for any info.

jb4012 said...

Hey does anyone know anything about oriental rugs? I've heard about Rugman.com.. does anyone have any experiences there? :)

SHERRY HART said...

So darn cute ! I am impressed with your beetle drawing abilities!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...