Thursday, April 18, 2013

~Thrifty Thursday~

What do you do when you stumble upon a bunch of children's vintage cloth books?
You turn them into pillows of course!

 If you don't stumble upon these while thrifting,
 look at places like etsy or ebay.
 There's something so wonderful about these old images.
 The first step is to carefully take apart the book, saving out any pages you would like to use.
I then cut a piece of drop cloth material about 2 inches bigger all the way around and sewed the book page onto that.
You can also use vintage ticking, old floral sheets, etc. 
 Once that is sewn on, you can center it in the middle of your pillow case.
My cases were thrifted as well, but you certainly can make your own.
 Once it is centered, pin it down and sew it on.
It would also be cute to embellish with old buttons in the corners or vintage ric~rak framing the book page.
That's it~
Stuff with a squishy feather/down insert, my favorite choice, sit back and admire!
 These would be darling in a kids bedroom or play space, but I'm kinda digging them on my couch right now. They add just the right amount of spring color!


xoxo

19 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

wow these are so cute. I was so excited to see your project today and this did not disappoint! love!!!

B said...

Yes, those are so cute! Don't you just love it when you find little treasures like this?!?!

Stacey said...

Never in a million years would I have thought to do that. I love it!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love these!! They turned out so cute!

Stacey {steward of design} said...

What a great idea! Very cute!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

These are SO cute! Lucky find!

Laura Elizabeth said...

Please, please, please list these in your Etsy store! I really want the frog one!

Anonymous said...

I'll race the other gal for the frog pillow!! LOVE it! What a great idea :)

Anonymous said...

So CUTE!

Heather

www.carolynsmithdesigns.com said...

So precious. I love the simplicity of the illustrations. Great post.

www.carolynsmithdesigns.com said...

I will be mentioning this post on my site on Friday. I love this idea.

Rebecca said...

I love those chicks! What a great idea. Party at my place if you feel like sharing!

Dixie Delights said...

Those are precious!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Those are adorable; well done! Visiting around blog land and stopped here, so glad I did.

Upscale Downhome said...

Amazing and brilliant. Love!

athankfullyimperfectwoman.com said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these!!!! Thanks for the GREAT idea!

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

Cute idea :) I love repurposing all things fabric!

Denise Sabia said...

adorable!

Recycled Rita said...

Oh my gosh! Those are adorable! I would use them in my living room too! I am going to keep my eye out for some to make pillows with too!
I got my Charles Emerson Designs order. I love my new summer/spring jewelry! Thanks so much! I will be doing a blogpost later today so stop on by! hugs! karen...

recycled.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...