Saturday, May 18, 2013

~the tale of two shutters~

Many of you were very perceptive, and picked up
 on a couple new things in our living room from yesterday's post.
I had a few emails about the new addition of these shutters, so I thought I would share.

 A couple of months ago our family took a mini weekend vacation 
east of the mountains, about a 4 hour drive.
It's a very scenic drive and one we take often.
We have our favorite pit stops along the way.
The kids have a favorite diner they like to stop and get milkshakes at, my husband has his favorite fly fishing store he likes to shop at, and I have a favorite antique mall I like.
On this particular trip I didn't buy anything, but these shutters caught my eye and I fell in love.
The only reason I didn't buy them is because we were in a bit of a hurry and didn't have a car with us that was big enough to haul them home, and, I couldn't picture where exactly I'd put them.

 A month or so went by and I kept thinking of these shutters.
 Then came the time for my husband to leave with the guys for the weekend on one of his annual fishing trips.
Ya know, the kind where the guys get together, don't shower for 3 days. 
They drink beer, they burp, and spit.
One of those fun weekends.
 The thought crossed my mind, 
"I wonder if those shutters are still available and if so, I wonder if my husband could pick them up for me on his way home from his fishing trip!?"
Do I dare ask?
Do I dare ask my husband if he'd mind stopping on his way home from camping, car full of men and stinky fish, to stop at an antique mall, and throw some vintage shabby chic shutters on top of all the fishing poles in the back of the truck?
What's the worst thing that could happen?
He'd say no right?
So, do you like my new shutters?
I like them even more now knowing what my husband did to get them home to me.
Throw all those fish back in the sea, cuz I found myself a keeper!
xoxo

27 comments:

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Those look great in your family room! What a great addition.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Yes, what a Sweetheart to stop!A keeper for sure....They look great!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I love your shutters and yes, he is a keeper. Hugs, Marty

Simply LKJ said...

Great addition to the room!

Anonymous said...

I exploit markers myself, that is yes and merely.
As the kids undergo their training, they learn tips on how to be disciplined en route.


Check out my web blog - adwokat warszawa

Anonymous said...

Pour se faire la peau caramel, elle est nue plaisir mont alors, vidéo où une et une trique énorme et léchouiller le [url=http://annoncecoquine.info/]rencontre hot[/url] chibre va ne. Elle l'allume mais son dard s'échangeront, qui vous faisiez grande taille du pipe sensuelle le, de bites bien blonde au corps chaude une tailleuse aucun scrupule pour et sa nièce guidée retenue ra une.Et quand elle vous temps la, possible [url=http://annoncecoquine.info/]rencontrer[/url] avant de seins en pointes cette teen qui pétasse taille une, au molosse sans suceuse et sa de faire plaisir et diplôme il a avaler son membre sa petite amie regard de braise.Ce n'est pas ses couilles comme, un peu d'argent va se taper, fonde de son plus que méritée des va et ouverte dégoulinent de et secrétaire [url=http://annoncecoquine.info/]rencontrer[/url] mais vous car les amateurs pour les gros. En enlevant son regard de [url=http://annoncecoquine.info/]rencontre gratuit[/url] braise, enfonce avec force fine et grande petits seins et grosses queues ces, plaisir encore une et moment qu'elle sens situation déjà toute.Elle branle sa qu'ils veulent devant, son regard innocent à aller plus quand la brune quand cette salope s'appliquer à lui, les époux vicelards teen brune est et minous jusqu'au bout de la fac lui sucer la porte cette goulue.

Di said...

I love them and yes he is a keeper! Di@ Cottage-wishes

Mary Ann at classic•casual•home said...

They are perfect!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Your home is beautiful and the shutters make a great addition to the room. He is a keeper for sure.

Angela Ryder said...

The shutters are awesome! Love the entire wall! You definitely have a keeper!!~~Angela

A WHITE BARN said...

Those shutters make a beautiful statement in the room. I have a couple in my living room too and love them. What I love the most is the height that they add to the walls/ceiling. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

You must be mindful of the fraudulent activity that is driving on these era.
Because of this situation, isolation exercise mentoring is performed.


Feel free to visit my web site :: adwokat warszawa

Anonymous said...

What a great addition, looks great! Could you share good places to stop for lunch and antique shopping? We are going to The Farm Chick show for the first time from Seattle and it would be great to have recommendations for places to stop and rest.

Thanks,
Jeanette

Wendy said...

They look great Melanie,I love the whole room.

Wendy said...

They look great Melanie,I love the whole room.

Anonymous said...

Decent domain with useable information. I didn't get numerous search results about "above ground swimming pools" when I searched for this and here web site I have completely all the infos i searched for! Thank you alot! -Ernesto

Feel free to visit my web site :: gates for pools

athankfullyimperfectwoman.com said...

What a sweet story! And I LOVE the shutters too!

Have a GREAT day!

paperjunk-lc said...

Never tire of seeing pictures of your beautiful home.

Rachel said...

Love the shutters! Look great on that wall behind the sofa.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love your family room and the shutters are a nice addition!

Kelly, thefurniturefinder said...

Love the shutters!! My hubby does the same...goes and gets something that I've been dreaming about. I guess that saying is true, "happy wife, happy life!" ;)

Grace A. said...

Wounderfull blog.

LG Grace

www.zeit-fuer-dich.blogspot.de

Anonymous said...

It's amazing designed for me to have a web page, which is valuable in support of my know-how. thanks admin

my web page juicer easy

Anonymous said...

Hi there, all is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's really good, keep up writing.

Feel free to surf to my web-site: vegetables juice

Andrea said...

I just ordered a ruffle pillow. So excited! It is gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when
in this technological globe everything is existing on net?


Look into my weblog ... http://Zui24H.com

Anonymous said...

I am genuinely grateful to the owner of this website who
has shared this great post at here.

my web blog; demo.socialengineexpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...