Tuesday, August 20, 2013

~how our chore chart calendar is working out~

I first blogged about this chalkboard here. School
had just got out and I was looking for a way to get the kids to do
daily jobs without me nagging at them constantly.


{photo credit:Christine of Trimood Photography}

Now summer is nearing an end, so I thought I'd update you on how well this worked for our kiddos.

First off~they were not thrilled about it. However, they knew that before they did anything fun on any given day, their jobs had to be done,
and I'd say 90% of the time this happened.


For me personally, I have felt a whole lot of weight lifted not having to get on their case all the time about cleaning,
picking up, or what not.


As far as the calendar portion goes. Love, love, love it.
Every activity is right in front of your face, so no asking,
"what are we doing tomorrow?"


Another great thing~ when I get bored of it, a quick coat of paint will bring my wall back to how they looked originally!
Not sure if I will be keeping the "jobs" portion of it up when school starts. Our nights will be filling quickly with sports, dinner, and homework.
But, we will see!


xoxo


5 comments:

Ann said...

Oh I think that's darling---would work great for a home full of children and activities. I can see how they would enjoy having everything organized for summer.
Ann

Nantucket Daffodil said...

Ok Melaine, this is gorge! But being the nosey blogger that I am, I was also reading what you are up to on the days. Lavender Farm Monica???? Well, my name is Monica! And, we named our little place Prince Snow Farm, but contemplated naming it Prince Snow Lavender Farm. Hmmmm so weird. Love that rustic look you are so famous for. I have been enjoying your videos!

obaid301 said...

Just want to say your article is as astonishing.
The clarity in your post is just great and i can assume you're an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.
Also visit my web Blog;
http://www.in2tainment.com/
http://moviemaza.info/
http://myonlinefilez.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

It looks great and I hear where you are coming from. I have for the past 2 years had a blackboard in my kitchen with Mon, Tues, Wed etc. up there with our nightly meal plan. Trust me this is AMAZING because instead of the 10 questions from each child (I have 2 so that could be seriously 20 times) I get "what's for dinner" from the second I pick them up for school. They never ask me they just know what's for dinner now and last week I hadn't filled it out and even 5 mins before the dinner was about to be served I have them both wanting to know what is for dinner. As the one making dinner 5 mins before it is served it's irrevelant to what it is because you will be eating it in 5 mins. This week it's back on the board and no more questions. So your chore chart is awesome. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

Between You and Me said...

i need another wall in my house JUST so i can make one of these. for real.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...