Tuesday, December 31, 2013

~a kid friendly New Years party~

December 31, 2002 I gave birth to Cody Phillip Thompson.
He has been the funniest most easy going kid from day 1.
Happy 11th birthday Cody!



Needless to say, our New Years plans always involve birthday cake and presents.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
He had his "friends" party a couple of days ago, so tonight we are having family over for a low key
dinner party.

I got the dining room dressed up for the festivities:



I painted a black canvas with white lettering and added some Wendy Addison glass glitter numbers to the "bar"


After doing a ton of dishes I decided paper plates and cups would do just fine this year!
I purchased black plates and cups from the Dollar Tree and added white stickers to the cups for everyones initials.





Paper placemats will make for easy cleanup:


To see how I made the place card holders, go here.

Here is the rest of the dining room:




Happy New Years everyone!

xoxo

11 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Looks like you have a fantastic evening planned. Happy Birthday to Cody!

Ashley {Life on the Parsons Farm} said...

I love holiday birthdays!! Mine is on St. Patricks Day and I don't think the holiday is complete without a cake!! Happy birthday Cody!!

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Relaxed ,fun and casual. Nice way to start 2014 with enjoyment not cleanup. Happiest Birthday wishes to Cody.
Happy New Year,
Vera

Dixie Delights said...

It's gorgeous! Happy new year!

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to Cody!

Erin Anderholm said...

How do you hang plates on the wall? I like how they look in that last picture with no hanging hardware showing!

Shannon said...

Where did you get the champagne bucket?

Shannon said...

Where did you get the champagne bucket?

Between You and Me said...

Happy New year! And Happy Birthday to your boy!

Hope your night was special celebrating him with family….the table looks beautiful.

Heather Salazar said...

Happy Birthday Cody!!!!

And happy New Year Thompson family

Kathy said...

Happy New Year Melaine, my grandson was born on New Years Eve 2 years ago, so cool that the whole world celebrates these boys birth day huh? LOL!! Hey I went looking for that champagne bowl at home goods and ours didn't have it...or was it Ross anyway, I'm still looking! We're down south for the winter and I'm catching up on your posts...can I get your posts via email like some of the others have so I don't miss a one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...